10 Steps To Clearer Skin At some stage in all of our lives, we want clearer, fresher, younger-looking skin. What you must do is persevere and over the course of three weeks, your skin will begin to look fresher, healthier and clearer. Here's how;
1. Keeping your skin clean is your 1st priority! You must cleanse your face morning and night with a gentle, natural cleanser that not only rids the skin of dirt and grime but then treats it as well.
2. After cleansing the skin pat dry and then spray a fine toning mist over the face to cool and help close the pores while they are clean. Let this mist dry on the face.
3. When the toner has dried apply a serum, it penetrates deeper into the skin for maximum benefits. Follow up with a very small amount of moisturizer over the entire face and neck. Look for a moisturizer that is made for your skin type. If you have drier skin you want to make sure you are using something that will hydrate the skin, if you are oilier you may want something that is water based. (more about skin types in another blog)
4. Getting the right amount of restful sleep your body needs nightly will reflect in the state of your skin. Seven hours is generally adequate. Not enough sleep over a period of time will result in problems that are hard to cure such as loose skin under the eyes and dark circles.
5. The food you eat is of the utmost importance for healthy, clear skin! Make sure you are getting a good amount of fresh fruits and vegetables and limit your red meat intake to three or four times a week. Foods that are easily digested will help your system keep your skin nourished and promote fresh, new cell growth. Drink lots and lots of water too!
6. Cleanse the skin on your body and face with a weekly scrub. When using a body scrub, start at your feet and work towards the heart, this helps eliminate toxins. Doing it in the opposite direction will push the toxins back into your system. Use a very gentle facial scrub on your face and neck as these areas can be easily damaged.
7. Try an Aspirin face mask! This mask is having fantastic results on those people with open pores, pimples, and acne. Crush about 15 aspirin tablets to a powder mix to a paste with a little water, less than 1 teaspoon, and then apply to a cleansed face. Leave for twenty minutes to work its way into the skin and then rinse off and apply a light moisturizer. Try this weekly, after a face scrub.
8. Once a month use a home steam treatment to thoroughly draw out impurities from the face. Add boiling water to a basin or bowl and add two drops of tea tree oil. Place your face over this with a towel covering and gently let the steam open and cleanse the pores. Be careful not to let the steam burn your face. Finish with a tepid face wash.
9. Get out into the fresh air and take a walk, swim in the sea, ride a bike, and have fun! The exercise will boost your system and your skin will love it.
10. Take or drink collagen. This is good for your skin, bones and organs. At age 20 we start losing collagen. These ten easy tips will help you get that clear skin you so desperately want, remember to make the lifestyle changes you need to and enjoy the benefits that will come with it! A fresher, clearer, more youthful-looking complexion